MONTHLY PICKS - MARCH 2016

11:13 Unknown 0 Comments



JAY'S PICKS

Avène Clean-AC Hydrating Cream

Having gone to the dermatologist a month ago for my acne, I was prescribed a 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Peroxide face wash. After using this face wash twice a day (as instructed) my face started to redden and peel around my mouth and eyes! D: I went to Shoppers Drugmart, where I spoke to the in-house doctor who recommended me the Avène Clean-AC Hydrating Cream that hydrated AND relieved the burning and redness. This cream is directed for dry skin caused by acne treatments and was everything I was looking for! The consistency is very gel/liquidy which made it absorb into my skin easily. Definitely try it out if you're also suffering from dry skin and acne problems!
Price: ~25$




Revlon Kissable Balm Stain - Honey (01)

The Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey is one of my all time favourite lip products. It's the perfect medium rose shade that looks great on all skin tones and is subtle enough to be wearable everyday! The stain portion of this lip product helps keep color on my lips for a couple of hours, and the twist-able packaging makes it easy to re-apply. Although I do find that the balm stain itself is not very hydrating, I simply layer some lip balm underneath.

Price: $8-10



LENA'S PICKS

The Face Shop Oil Blotting Paper

I wouldn't say I have oily skin, but parts of my face definitely does get a bit shiny throughout the day (especially my T-zone!). I like to keep a pack of blotting paper on me when I go out, and this Face Shop one is small and compact, perfect for throwing into my bag! I've tried a lot of other blotting sheets, but what I love about this one is that it doesn't remove my foundation and it's relatively cheap :)
Price: ~$6


 Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eye Brow Pencil


This is my holy grail of eye brow pencils. I first tried it a year ago, and I've been using it ever since! I use the Walnut Brown shade, which is unfortunately only available in Asia. The unique shape of the lead allows me to fill in my brows with thin, fine lines for that natural look. This formula is smudge-proof and super long lasting. I rarely have to touch up my brows even after a long day. I've even gone swimming with them on before, and although it did fade a bit, it surprised me how much of it remained! If you're looking to try new eye brow pencils, I DEFINITELY recommend this one :) 
Price: $29



What are your favourite products of March?? Let us know in the comments below! 

Love, Lena & Jay 
<3

0 comments: